Trail Mix Cookies - Gluten Free, Dairy Free
I made these cookies for Moment Marketplace, a pop-up curated by Satsuki Shibuya at Space15Twenty. They're filling and (relatively) nutritious with all the nuts and seeds. In an effort to create less landfill waste, these would be a great alternative to purchasing individually wrapped granola or energy bars.
Trail Mix Cookies - Gluten free, dairy free
1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup semi/bitter/dark chocolate (your preference), chopped
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (GF if needed)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins (or dried fruit of choice)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts or seeds (I used pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for egg and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and coconut oil until slightly frothy.
- Pour egg mixture into dry blend and mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and sit for 30 min or overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Shape cookies by rolling into 1 1/2-2" balls. Flatten into a disk (the won't spread much) and bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges have slightly browned. Makes about 12 cookies. Enjoy!