Strawberry Coconut Crunch Popsicles - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
1. The amount of sugar you use will affect the texture of the popsicle. The less sugar the more icy it will be, so don't try to skimp too much (unless you don't mind a nontraditional texture).
2. You don't have to buy canned coconut milk. I've made coconut milk in my Vitamix with fresh and dried coconut. Just be sure to add less water for a creamier consistency.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/4 c gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 c pecan flour (or hazelnut or almond)
- Liquid sweetener of choice, to taste (honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.)
- In a small bowl, smash together diced strawberries and 1 tbsp sweetener to draw out juices. Set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, mix together coconut milk and sweetener to taste. For reference, I used about 3-4 tbsp honey.
- Add strawberries, including liquid, to the coconut milk mixture and whisk until combined and tinted pink. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
- To make crunchy topping, toast pecan flour and oat flour together on a stove top and set aside. Alternately, you may use ready made granola (just take out any dried fruit), corn flake cereal, or rice crispy cereal. Pulse together in a food processor with whole nuts and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Once popsicles are frozen, remove from mold and roll in granola/nut mixture. Enjoy immediately or place back into freezer.