Okay, taking self portraits with a DSLR without a tripod or remote is kind of hard! Apologies for the less than stellar photos, I had to use a little trial and error to get things decent. I'm also not quite ready to show my face in an outfit post, hence the blurry and cropped photos.
So here's the dress I made for the concert. I used the dirndl pattern from the book Built by Wendy Dresses. I based it off of the Valentine Dress directions but changed it up a bit. This was a lot of fun to make! It's the first time I've ever installed an invisible zipper. Unfortunately I couldn't find any of my other sewing feet so I stitched it by hand, a bit more difficult than I thought it'd be, but fun to finally figure out how an invisible zipper works! I really dislike really long (like 22") zippers, especially when they go down the center back. So instead I changed it to a shorter side zip with a three button closure on the left shoulder to fit my head in.
I bought one yard of Heather Ross fabric for the bodice, and 1 1/2 of grey linen. After a wash the linen came out so soft and rumply; I really want to make more with this! I should have bought some Heather Ross double gauze fabric to match the softness of the linen instead of a quilting cotton. Either way I am happy with the result and can't wait to sew more.