As promised, here are all the dishes my friends and I ordered at Girl and the Goat. Such a delicious meal. We were feeling particularly indulgent and ordered three desserts! I loved they decor and our server was awesome. My friend Sandra brought her Polaroid camera and he was so excited to take a photo of us with it.
Here's a rundown of what we ate, left to right, top to bottom:
- goat carpaccio with tongue-olive vinaigrette and salsify chips
- hiramasa crudo with crisp pork belly, aji aioli, caperberries
- ham frites with smoked tomato aioli and smoked swiss dipping sauces
- kabocha squash ravioli with mushroom raisin ragout, brussels leaves, shroom creme fraiche
- grilled pork ribs with tomatillo-mushroom slaw and grilled scallion vinaigrette
- wood oven roasted pig face and sunny side egg, tamarind, cilantro, potato stix
- sesame semifreddo with pork fat donuts and sambal pineapple
- blood orange sorbet with parsnip pot de creme, pistachio cake, three sisters cornmeal crust
- bittersweet chocolate cake with shiitake gelato and toffee creme fraiche
If I had to choose favorites, I think it would be the grilled pork ribs and the chocolate cake dessert. The dessert totally reminded me of a grown up version of dirt cups! And the ribs just fell off the bone and was a wonderful combination of flavors and textures.