Healthy Rice Crispy Treats - Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free
Healthy Rice Crispy Treats
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (cannot be substituted)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal (not puffed)
- Optional (up to 1/2 cup)
- popped amaranth
- chia seed
- flax seed
- chocolate chips
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together brown rice syrup, almond butter, and maple syrup. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt ingredients all together. Mix well, then add brown rice cereal and mix together. If using optional ingredients, add them now. If not, add an additional 1/2 cup brown rice cereal.
- Press into a container (no need to be gentle) and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or until solidified.
Variations: [br]1. Add 1 tbsp cocoa powder to wet ingredients and mix well. [br]2. Switch 1/2 cup cereal for rolled oats for a more granola bar like texture[br]3. Add chopped nuts and dried fruit for more sustenance[br]4. Spread melted chocolate on top and sprinkle with flaked sea salt